Sunday, October 24, 2010

MOMS

I was coming home from the grocery store the other day when the neighbor guy says to me "do you stay home all day", I say yes I do, and he says "what do you do all day". Some of you women can imagine the look I gave him!! I know he was not trying to be rude, however being a sensitive women I got a little defensive. I replied to him that I crawl around on my hands and knees all day chasing kids around, singing nursery rhymes and picking up pots and pans 16 times a day after my girls empty them out of the cupboard. Now I know that I am not the only stay at home mom that has ever felt like maybe you could be doing more or wish you could help out more financially, but I also know that our sacrifices will pay off.

I found this quote from a friend's blog and i fell in love with it.

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautiful tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured finger nails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someones garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the lord to know that I was really here and that I really lived." -Marjorie Pay Hinkley

It is easy for us to get caught up in the world and to forget about what really is important in our lives.I remember when I was young asking my mom why her shoe had a hole in it. she said because my 5 kids need shoes for basketball so my new shoes can wait. My parents always put us kids first and taught me good lessons. I hope that I am half the mom my mom is to me.

3 comments:

Suzi Q said...

I've had so many people ask me what I do all day long...grr. makes me so mad. I also know they aren't trying to be rude, but seriously...our jobs NEVER stop. We are on the clock 24/7.

Megan Sorenson said...

You're awesome Steph!!! I think you handled that perfectly! That was such an awesome post. I needed to hear that. We have the most important job there is !!!

Ralph Perez said...

Yes Steph!!! You do have the most important and the job with the most responsibilities and demands that anyone can ever handle. Thanks for choosing to be the best little mommy to the Ry-Kenzies. I love ou all very much and I know the Lord will bless you